- This event has passed.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS : 2021 Members Exhibit; Reflections
January 25 @ 8:00 AM - February 27 @ 5:00 PM
We are thrilled to announce that our annual member exhibit is back! This year, the exhibition will be hosted virtually with the opportunity for artists to sell their works.
The timely theme of this year’s exhibit is “Reflection”. We encourage new works to be created with this theme in mind. Open to wide interpretation, your submissions may be as abstract or realistic as you see fit.
Reflection gives the brain an opportunity to pause amidst the chaos, untangle and sort through observations and experiences, consider multiple possible interpretations, and create meaning.
At its simplest, reflection is about careful thought.
Submissions may include a wide array of art including, but not limited to: Paintings, Print making Photography, Sculptural works, and Drawing.
Please submit up to three images to be considered.
There is no entry fee for members to submit to this art show and sale. OCAC will be charging a 30% commission, with a 70% commission to artists. To submit, please complete the form before February 27, 2021 by clicking the button below.
Executive Director, Orange County Arts Council
Interested in becoming a member of Orange County Arts Council?
Click here to learn more:
REFLECTION – Definitions
the act of reflecting, as in casting back a light or heat, mirroring, or giving back or showing an image; the state of being reflected in this way.
an image; representation; counterpart.
a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration.
a thought occurring in consideration or meditation.
an unfavorable remark or observation.
the casting of some imputation or reproach.
the return of light, heat, sound, etc., after striking a surface.
something so reflected, as heat or especially light.
(in a plane) the replacement of each point on one side of a line by the point symmetrically placed on the other side of the line.
(in space) the replacement of each point on one side of a plane by the symmetric point on the other side of the plane.
Anatomy. the bending or folding back of a part upon itself.
Submissions : Closes February 27th 2021 (midnight)
Exhibit and Sale: Monday, March 8 – Friday, March 26, 2021
Artists notified of sales: April 1, 2021
Purchased Art Drop Off: Friday, April 2, 2021 3pm-5pm OR Saturday, April 3, 2021 12pm-2pm
Patron Art Pick Up: Saturday, April 3, 2021 2pm – 5pm and Sunday, April 4, 2021 2pm-5pm
Purchased pieces are dropped off by artists to Orange County Arts Council at CoLab 45 St John St Goshen, NY 10924
If patrons opt to have shipped, purchased works will need to be shipped within one week after exhibition ends.
1. Artists may submit up to three pieces of art work. A panel will be reviewing submissions.
2. Submitting artists must be members of Orange County Arts Council.
3. All pieces must be signed (If applicable).
4. Size – no restrictions.
5. Proceeds from the Auction will be split 30% to benefit OCAC and 70% to artist in the form of a check
6. Images of art work must be 1000 max long side at 72 dpi (jpg or png)
7. Artists are responsible for declaring any revenue from sales
8. Tax will be added to the sale amount
9. By submitting your art work to be included in this online sale, the artist agrees that images of art work may be shared by Orange County Arts Council to promote this exhibit
10. Artists will be responsible for dropping off purchased art work to Orange County Arts Council on one of the drop off days
11. Artists will be responsible for shipping their own work within one week of purchase if customer opts for shipping & handling (The customer will pay shipping fee and OCAC will reimburse artist up to calculated amount)
Participating artists are asked to promote this online exhibit and sale with their mailing lists and on social media.
Questions? Email email@example.com