- This event has passed.
Hudson Valley Imprints- Annual Juried Exhibit Submission Deadline: May 5th
March 25 @ 8:00 AM - May 5 @ 5:00 PM| $30
Deadline: May 5th 2021
We are thrilled to announce that our first annual juried exhibit “Hudson Valley Imprints” is now accepting submissions. Open to all Hudson Valley and metropolitan New York artists, you are invited to submit up to three works to be considered for this exhibition.
The beautiful Hudson Valley is rich with history, breathtaking landscapes and home to thousands of artists who build the diverse cultural communities throughout the region. Home of the Hudson River School, the Hudson Valley has long been identified as a source of inspiration for artists. We are honored to invite the artists of the region to submit their works to be part of the exhibit which will highlight some of the region’s finest.
Juror: Daniel Belasco is an art historian and Executive Director of the Al Held Foundation. He previously served as curator at the Dorsky Museum at SUNY New Paltz and The Jewish Museum, organizing monographic exhibitions of Bradley Walker Tomlin, Grace Hartigan, Mary Reid Kelley, and Dick Polich/Tallix Art Foundry, among other survey shows and projects.
Submission Fee: $30 for up to 3 pieces
First Place $500
Second Place $300
Third Place $150
Accepted art works will be displayed in Orange County Arts Council’s virtual gallery with the option to sell your works from May 23rd – June 21st.
Additionally, artists who receive honorable mentions will also have the opportunity to be featured in a physical exhibition curated by the juror later this year.
The artist is paid 70% of the sale and OCAC receives a 30%commission . To submit, please complete the form before Wednesday, May 5th 2021 by clicking the button below. Submission fee is $30 for up to three works.
Please carefully review the timeline and guidelines before submitting your work. This exhibit is presented by Orange County Arts Council in partnership with Anne Street Gallery of Newburgh.
- Hudson Valley and metropolitan New York Artists may submit up to three pieces of art work of any medium. A professional juror will be reviewing submissions.
- Submitting artists must reside, work or have a studio address located in Hudson Valley, New York.
- All pieces must be signed (If applicable).
- Size: 4′ X 4′ maximum
- Proceeds from the Auction will be split 30% to benefit OCAC and 70% to artist in the form of a check
- Images of art work must be 1000 max long side at 72 dpi (jpg or png)
- Artists are responsible for declaring any revenue from sales
- Tax will be added by OCAC to the sale amount you provide
- By submitting your art work to be included in this online sale, the artist agrees that images of art work may be shared by Orange County Arts Council to promote this exhibit
- Artists will be responsible for dropping off purchased art work to Orange County Arts Council on one of the drop off days
- Artists will be responsible for shipping or delivery of their own work within one week of purchase if customer opts for shipping & handling (The customer will pay the shipping fee and OCAC will reimburse artist up to calculated amount)
Participating artists are asked to promote this online exhibit and sale with their mailing lists and on social media
****Please note: Quality of submitted Images will be taken into account in the review process******
Here are some helpful links that provide tips for photographing your art work for digital submission:
See “Commonly Asked Question” below
Submissions Deadline: Wednesday, May 5th 2021 (by Midnight)
Virtual Exhibit and Sale: Monday, May 23rd- Monday, June 21st 2021
Artists notified of selections: Wednesday, May 12th 2021
Artists notified of sales: June 23rd (by Midnight)
Purchased Art Drop Off: Friday, June 25th 3pm-5pm OR Saturday, June 26th 12pm-2pm
Patron Local Art Pick Up: Saturday, June 26th 3pm-5pm
Purchased pieces are dropped off by artists to Orange County Arts Council at CoLab 45 St John St Goshen, NY 10924
If patrons opt to have shipped, purchased works will need to be shipped within one week after exhibition ends: June 28th 2021
Artist Payment: Checks will be mailed by July 21st once you confirm art work delivery to patron
Commonly Asked Questions
- Does my art have to be framed?
No, but we do ask that you indicate whether or not it is being sold framed in the form below.
- Can I submit 3D pieces?
Yes, any mediums are accepted.
- Can I change my pricing after I submit my work?
No, we will only take information that you provide through the form below. Please make sure to give thought to your price (remember that 30% will go to OCAC)
- Can I also buy art work from the exhibit?
YES! We hope to see many appreciative art collectors such as yourself participate as well.
- Can I use a fake name/artist name to post on the website?
Sorry, not this time. Please use the name that checks will be written out to.
- If I am away/on vacation during the drop-off days, can someone else drop off my work?
YES, please email us if you have designated someone else to handle your artwork
- My piece is very fragile and includes glass components, can I still submit?
Yes, but please indicate any special notes in the form below.
- My friend is an artist, but they live outside of Hudson Valley. Can they still submit?
You may only submit if you live, work or rent studio space in the Hudson Valley OR the metropolitan NY area.
This includes the following counties: Putnam, Rockland, Westchester, Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, and the five boroughs of NYC.
- I have special requirements that I want to include with selling my piece (“I want to have the patron allow me to borrow my work back to include in exhibitions, etc.”). Can I add a note with special requirements for people who purchase?
Sorry, not with online sales. Once the sale is completed and the piece is handed over to the patron, Orange County Arts Council will not ask the patron for special considerations. All sales will be final.
- How will I know if my work has been selected?
You will be sent an email with the status of your submission after the work has been reviewed.
- How should I price my work?
That is up to you! We have some online resources that we can direct you to if you email us.
- Am I allowed to sell my work that is accepted into this show elsewhere while the online exhibit is happening?
No, definitely not. If this happens, you will not be invited back to participate in our online exhibits. We want to maintain happy and healthy relationships with you and our patrons.
- If my work does not get accepted, can I get my money back?
The submission fees are non-refundable. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that your work will be accepted. You are welcome to submit to another one of our exhibits in the future.
- Do I still need to drop off my work if it is not sold?
Nope! The works selected for the virtual gallery will not need to be physically delivered unless we notify you of a sale
- Can I submit more than three pieces of art?
Not for this one. Please keep creating!
- I can not make the delivery date for local pick up, can I still submit?
We have a strict time window for local pickup (for patrons who choose not to have work shipped). Please arrange someone else to deliver your work on the dates we provide if your work is sold.