Student Arts Showcase at Warwick Drive-In: Call for District Submissions
February 1 @ 8:00 AM - March 22 @ 5:00 PM| Free
The Orange County Arts Council Invites You To Participate!
“ARTS BUILD CONFIDENCE”
WARWICK DRIVE IN
May thru June 2021
Digital Arts Display of Orange County High School Students
Submission Deadline: March 22nd
Attention District Superintendents, HS School Principals and HS Art Teachers:
The Orange County Arts Council is organizing a viewing of your District’s high school art student’s work that will be shown on the 2 screens of the Warwick Drive In during the months of May and June, 2021.
To submit your District’s high school artwork for this unique project please read the following guidelines listed below. Please contact your School District’s administrative office to learn who will be submitting your high school’s work.
- Each public school “DISTRICT” in Orange County, NY can submit no more than 15 photos of their high school student’s work. The artwork would be displayed each night before the feature movie or during the intermission between movies for approximately one week.
- Photos submitted may represent the digitally created artwork as well as photos of the non-digital pieces.
- Original music for the sound track to your photos will be created by the group “AMP” (Glenn Arnowitz, Gerard Mancini & Mike Pacer)
- The deadline for submission is March 22nd, 2021
- Once your District’s submissions have been accepted, we will post on our website www.ocartscouncil.org the dates and times that your School District’s work will be displayed.
- Final selections will be made by Orange County Arts Council’s education committee.
- Through submitting your images via email, you confirm that you have permission to share the student’s work publicly.
SUBMIT: Easy as 1, 2, 3
- EMAIL submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATTACH a total of 15 images (jpg.s or pngs) to the email per district. Please only send images as attachments. Do not embed images in the body of the email.
- Include the TITLE, Medium, and Student Name as the title of each attachment
(ie: Fierce, Oil on canvas, Henry Jacobs)
3. SUBJECT LINE: School District, Grade Level, Art Teacher Name
(ie: Warwick Valley Central School District, Gr. 11, Mrs. Smith)
These images will be projected on the big-screen at the Warwick Drive-In, so it is important that the image resolution is large enough.
1020 x 1080 pixels 16:9
REMINDER: SEND SUBMISSIONS TO EDUCATION@OCARTSCOUNICL.ORG
You will receive an email to confirm your submission.
Thank you and we look forward to having you, students, and parents join us!
Chair, The Education Committee
Orange County Arts Council
A special thank you to the Education Committee members!