Ten Minute Play Festival
August 7 @ 7:00 PM - August 8 @ 7:00 PM
The Orange County International Ten-Minute Play Festival is in its fifth year showcasing staged reading of original short theatrical plays from around the world. The festival is held at the Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center.
This year the theme is Discovery.. The plays should have no more than five characters and include any or all of the themes.
Play submissions are between May 15-June 15, 2020
Selected playwrights will receive a $50 honorarium
There is a $15 submission fee.
The Festival is scheduled for August 7-8, 2020
Covid-19 updates: The show will go on! The festival will be held virtually this year allowing attendees from an international audience. If safety guidelines permit, the festival may also be showcased at the Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center. The Festival is scheduled for August 7-8, 2020.
Ten minutes generally means 7 or 8 pages, certainly no more than 9 or 10. Use standard playwriting format, 12 pt Times New Roman font.
While not wanting to hamper anyone’s creativity, recognize that the plays are presented in an evening of Ten-Minute Plays as staged readings. Therefore, elaborate settings, multiple characters, extravagant productions values, etc., could conceivably eliminate your play from consideration.
* The play should be approximately ten-minutes in length. (Not more than ten-minutes)
* The play must have no more than five on-stage (speaking and non-speaking) characters.
* You may submit only one play, so send us your best! Please do not make more than one submission.
* The play should be in a “play format” making it easy for the readers.
* We like 12-point, easy to read fonts, such as Times New Roman or Arial
* The play must be unpublished and not have been produced at the time of submission. We screen for this, so don’t send us your play if it has been produced. (Staged readings are not counted as “produced.”)
* The play should have simple technical requirements. There will not be a set — a few props only — we only have about one minute in between plays to change scenes ONLY PLAYS SUBMITTED EXACTLY AS OUTLINED BELOW WILL BE ACCEPTED.
* Upload TWO PDF Files:
1. Upload a complete copy of play for the judges with NO contact information on the title page: just the title of the play.
2. Upload a second copy of the complete copy of the play with your contact information.
* Please include the title of your play in the file name. For example: – My Play-.pdf –
Upload the files to this submission form only. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ten-minute-play-festival-submissions-tickets-104333590578 via e-mail or mail will not be accepted.